Decorative Paving Stamped Asphalt Crosswalk (2 years old)
TrafficPatternsXD Impressed Surface System
- Improve traffic safety especially at intersections and multi-use paths
- Preformed Thermoplastic enhances visibility for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- Promote and/or revitalize community image and pride
- Channel pedestrians across busy commercial parking lot areas
- Stands up to extreme use and weather.
- TrafficPatternsXD™ is stamped asphalt. So it is applied to the greater asphalt pavement and does not disrupt the surface. This eliminates the risk of heaving and settlement and ensures a pedestrian-friendly surface.
- TrafficPatternsXD™ makes economic sense.
- Fast and efficient stamped asphalt installation means minimal traffic disruption.
- Durability means low maintenance.
- Repairs can be made with minimal disruption.
- TrafficPatternsXD™ is road-safe.
- Smooth and trip-hazard free.
- Skid and slip resistant.
TrafficPatternsXD™, offers fast and efficient installation, skid and slip resistance, and unprecedented wear resistance and minimal maintenance.
1. The sheets of material are positioned on the non-stamped asphalt surface.
2. The material is heated until molten.
3. Corundum is dispersed liberally across the material surface to embed the anti-skid elements while material sets
4. A 3/8” grid stamps a pattern into the material surface and gently through to the top layer of the asphalt.
5. The finished product is a brick-like, high-performance crosswalk, built to last and look great; an economic investment in safety.
High Skid/Slip Resistant: The dispersement of corundum while the material is hot allows the anti-skid properties to embed properly into the material as it sets.
- Designed for high-traffic crosswalks and traffic calming surfaces
- Stands up to extreme use and wear
- Provides optimum wear in adverse conditions
- Snowplow friendly
Accessibility: Although the material is stamped to create the look of bricks, it does not leave a bumpy, rigid feel as with pavers. The installation of TrafficPatternsXD™ results in a pedestrian and wheelchair-friendly surface.
- Eliminates the maintenance and safety concerns of loose pavers
- Repairs can be made quickly with minimal traffic disruption